Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Cake Challenge #5 - Strawberry Cheesecake

For those of you who were following my blog at the beginning of the year, you will recall that I set myself a bit of a cake challenge. Each week I was going to bake something different and put the pictures and recipes on my blog to share! I managed to get just 4 posts up on my blog! 

Now I could reel off all my excuses and I promise there are many.... but I won't bore you with all that! Instead I'm pleased to announce that I have jumped back on the bandwagon and am goign to be sharing with you a new cake I've made each week! 


This week it is this delicious strawberry cheesecake! Technically there is no baking involved but it really is so easy to make it totally deserves to make it into my cake challenge as my number 5 cake! LOL

For the base you need 200g of digestive biscuits (or graham crackers are similar in American terms) 100g of butter. Bash the biscuits into crumbs, melt the butter and mix them together. Push into the bottom of a sandwich tin and let cool in the fridge.

For the cheesecake mix you need: Can of condensed milk, 300g soft full fat cream cheese and the juice of 2 lemons. Beat the condensed milk and cheese together until smooth. add the juice of the lemon and mix - watch it thicken! Pour this on top of the crumb base and set in the fridge for a couple of hours.

For the topping cut 300g of strawberries in quarters and mix them with 3 tablespoons of strawberry jam.  Just before serving pour the strawberries on top. This is an absolute crowd pleaser!

If there is any left, you can put in the fridge, but be warned, the strawberry mixture on top reacts with the cheese mixture and it does melt somewhat. Make sure its stored in a leak proof container.

If you are making this as a gift for someone else you are best to take the topping to them in a separate container otherwise it just looks a mess!

1 comment:

Tam said...

nice!! great strawberry topping!