Saturday, February 02, 2013

Cake Challenge #4


My cake challenge has been continuing I promise! Last week I made these Cherry and Coconut cakes, took a picture on my iphone and then took AGES to get it off of the phone and onto the computer so that I could blog it! It's therefore a little bit later than expected, but here all the same. 

Recipe: 


1/2 C butter, softened
1/2 C sugar
2 Tbs milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 C self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2/3 C shredded/desicated coconut
4 oz  cherries, quartered


Basically, mix all the ingredients together and whisk well before folding in the coconut and cherries. Bake on Gas 4 for 20mins until skewer comes out clean.  Decorate with a simple butterfrosting sprinkle on desicated coconut and a cherry to top it off. 

1 comment:

Tam said...

those look good!